RCC librarians are currently unavailable.
To chat with a North Carolina Librarian select NCknows. NCknows chat is not available Saturdays and Sundays from midnight to 8:00 a.m.
We respond to questions during open hours.
Monday - Thursday
Library Quick Facts
Hours & Contact Information
- Library Hours:
- Monday- Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- E-mail email@example.com
- Phone: 336-633-0204
- Text: 336-308-8801
Checking Out Materials & Using Computers
- Students must have their student ID to use library computers and check out materials. Faculty may request a computer login/password and a library account to borrow library materials.
- Book loans are 3 weeks (student overdue fines are $.10 per day)
- Video & DVD loans are 3 days (student overdue fines are $.50 per day)
- Periodicals (magazines, journals, newspapers) can only be used in the library.
- The Library has 51 computers equipped with Windows 7 & MS Office 2010, the college I: drive (lab computers only) and two flatbed scanners.
- Black & white computer printouts cost $.05 each and color printouts cost $.20 each for students. Faculty may request the use of prepaid copy card when printing course related materials.
- Photocopies cost $.10 each and will be charged to the instructor's department when copying course related materials.
- Curriculum students who present their RCC Student ID are entitled to $3.00 in free printing/photocopying each semester.
- Requests for audio-visual equipment, as well as any equipment issues, are handled through a Mantis request or by contacting the Computer Services Help Desk, extension 124.
- Students can make an appointment with a professional librarian using the Book-a-Librarian service.
- We send the off-campus password for library databases to all faculty at the beginning of each fall semester. Please feel free to share the password with your students. Students can also obtain the password to library databases:
- in the the library on the first floor of the LRC,
- by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- the "Ask a Librarian" chat box,
- calling 336-633-0204,
- or texting 336-308-8801.
Dean of Library Services
General library services/policies, cataloging
Information Technology Librarian
M - TH 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Technical liaison for all library technology, research assistance, library instruction, evening operations
Instructional Services Librarian
Research assistance, reference materials, library instruction, reserves policies, copyright
Computer Lab Assistant
M - TH 10:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Computer assistance, training lab reservations
Library Services Assistant
Circulation, overdues, interlibrary loans, library computer use, reserve items, library displays