Hours and Contacts
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Lab Assistants are available to:
- Help with logging on and off computers
- Provide printing assistance
- Resolve software or hardware related conflicts
- Provide minimal assistance with software applications
- Provide resource information
- Notify Computer Services department about serious system problems
- Monitor computer use
Computers and Printing
- When you visit the Library Computer Lab, be sure to bring a USB drive, but please don't bring your drinks and food.
- The Lab has 28 computers and is designed as a quiet area for students to work on their courses. Please make and take all phone calls in the LRC Lobby.
- You must have a USB drive if you need to save your work. Once you log off a computer, your work will not be saved on the hard drive.
- The Training Area of the Lab has 10 computers that can be reserved for groups by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Black & white computer printouts cost $.05 each and color printouts cost $.20 each.
- Please note that the Library does not receive any portion of student technology fees to purchase printing supplies.
- To help with printing costs, Curriculum students may register for a copy card loaded with $3.00 of free printing each semester at the Service Desk in the Library. A valid RCC College ID is required.
- The College's Electronic Access Acceptable Use Policy governs the use of all computers in the library and the library computer lab.
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Web browsers Mozilla Firefox (recommended), Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
- Open Office
- Flatbed scanner
- Color and black & white printers
Course Specific Software
- Cisco Packet Tracer
- Dreamweaver (computer #s 15 &16)
- Expression Web
- MediSoft (Training Area only)
- Quick Books
- Visual Studio