Dean of Library Services
General library services/policies, cataloging
Information Technology Librarian
Library technology issues, periodical subscriptions, general library operations. M - Th 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Instructional Services Librarian
Research assistance, reference materials, library instruction, reserves policies, copyright
Library Services Assistant
Circulation, overdues, interlibrary loans, library computer use, reserve items, library displays
Technical Services Assistant
Order status of library materials, interlibrary loans
Evening Library Assistant, Part-time
Current periodicals, Library Computer Lab. M- TH 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Library Services Assistant, Part-time
Circulation. M, T, Th, F
Library Computer Lab Assistant, Part-time
Library Computer Lab, training room reservations. 8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Welcome to RCC Library!
Hours & Contact Information
- Library Hours:
- Monday - Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Computer Lab Hours:
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Phone: 336-633-0204
Checking Out Materials & Using Computers
- When you visit the library, be sure to have your student ID so you can use the computers and check out materials.
- Book loans are 3 weeks (overdue fines are $.10 per day).
- Video & DVD loans are 3 days (overdue fines are $.50 per day).
- Reference books can only be used in the library and contain the letters REF in front of the call number (example: REF 616.075 Pag)
- Periodicals (magazines, journals, newspapers) can only be used in the library.
- The library and computer lab has 51 computers equipped with Windows 7 & MS Office 2010, the college I: drive (lab computers only) and two flatbed scanners.
- You must have a flash drive or other external media if you need to save your work. Once you log-off a computer, your work will not be saved on the hard drive.
- The College's Electronic Access Acceptable Use Policy governs the use of all computers in the library and the library computer lab.
- The Training Area of the Library Computer Lab has 10 computers that can be reserved for groups by contacting Tariq Siddiqi email@example.com.
- Black & white computer printouts cost $.05 each and color printouts cost $.20 each.
- Photocopies cost $.10 each. You can also use the photocopier to scan documents to a USB drive at no charge.
- Please note that the library does not receive any portion of student technology fees to purchase printing supplies. To help with your printing costs, curriculum students who present their RCC Student ID are entitled to $3.00 in free printing/photocopying each semester.
- You can make an appointment with a professional librarian using the Book-a-Librarian service.
- To obtain the password to library databases, please visit the library on the first floor of the LRC, contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, use "Ask a Librarian" live chat, or call 336-633-0204.
Ask a Librarian
RCC librarians are currently unavailable.
To chat with a North Carolina Librarian select NCknows. NCknows chat is not available Saturdays and Sundays from midnight to 8:00 a.m.